AForge.NET

:: AForge.NET Framework :: Articles :: Forums ::

Questions about WALL-E

The forum is to discuss topics related to robotics, like building robot, controlling it, its software and hardware, etc.

Questions about WALL-E

Postby Jeeg » Tue May 04, 2010 8:54 am

Hi Andrew,
Your robot Wall-E is incredible!!! Very very compliment!!!

I wont to build similar application but before I must to study a lot!
I' ve a lot of questions about your project:
To move Wall-e what kind of servo controller do you use? (phidget, lynxmotion ssc32, other...)
Wall-e it's remote controlled: Is possible to make Wall-e an autonomous robot?
Jeeg

Re: Questions about WALL-E

Postby andrew.kirillov » Tue May 04, 2010 9:40 am

Hello,

Jeeg wrote:To move Wall-e what kind of servo controller do you use? (phidget, lynxmotion ssc32, other...)

It was mentioned in the article. I was using SVS. SVS is not just 2 cameras, but also allows controlling 2 motors, up to 6 servos and some sensors.

Jeeg wrote:Wall-e it's remote controlled: Is possible to make Wall-e an autonomous robot?

Yes, it is possible. Embedded Linux is running on SVS board, so you may redevelop C applications for it and run them on-board. Also it is possible to use C-like language, which is interpreted by the board. I would suggest checking Surveyor's forum for more details about it.
With best regards,
Andrew

Interested in supporting AForge.NET Framework?
andrew.kirillov
Site Admin, AForge.NET Developer

Postby Jeeg » Tue May 04, 2010 10:12 am

Thank you Andrew!

Unfortunately I don't know a C lenguage; I know Vb, Vb.net and C#.net.

I will try; I will study your application for Wall-e and for Strero vision...

In the future I will buy a SVS... now I can try with a two web cam... SVS is too expansive!!!
Jeeg

Postby andrew.kirillov » Tue May 04, 2010 10:21 am

Jeeg wrote:SVS is too expansive!!!

It is true. That is why I cannot afford myself to build anything new for now, since SVS and all other parts cost me quite a lot :( Unfortunately robotics is not a cheap hobby.
With best regards,
Andrew

Interested in supporting AForge.NET Framework?
andrew.kirillov
Site Admin, AForge.NET Developer

Postby Jeeg » Tue May 04, 2010 11:25 am

andrew.kirillov wrote:
Jeeg wrote:SVS is too expansive!!!

It is true. That is why I cannot afford myself to build anything new for now, since SVS and all other parts cost me quite a lot :( Unfortunately robotics is not a cheap hobby.

Really!!!
But the price to buy a servo controller + a price to buy a motor controller + a price for two videocam = Price for SVS...approximately... No?
The real problem (for Italy) is that in Italy there aren't a company that's produce a robot kit. I must buy only in US o England...with a shipping price and taxes.
There's a company that import for example a Lynxmotion kit but if in a lynx web site cost 500 dollars, in this company web site the cost are 500 EURO!!! It's theft!!! :evil:
Jeeg

Return to Robotics