AForge.NET

:: AForge.NET Framework :: Articles :: Forums ::

AForge.NET for Road Traffic Monitoring (Video Surveillance)

Forum to discuss the AForge.NET project itself (not Framework), its news, events, articles, etc.

AForge.NET for Road Traffic Monitoring (Video Surveillance)

Postby permana » Sat Nov 14, 2009 5:41 pm

Hi,
My name is Indra, I come from Indonesia.

I finished my final project about Smart Visualisation System for monitoring traffic condition. My developing system integrated GIS, graph and video surveillance for monitoring road traffic condition. I used SharpMap as GIS engine, PostgreSQL for DBMS Server and PostGIS for maintaining spatial data. It successfully combined with video surveillance using library from AForge.NET. I developed a software using C# and Visual Studio 2005. :D

I use AForge.NET Video player Control for video surveillance with some IP Camera. Now I still working on developing software "IPCamSaver" for saving video from IP Camera using different codec and optimizing Car Counter and Number Plate Recognition. I will post my current software later.

I hope AForge.NET member can give a feedback for my project, thanks..

Sorry if my english not good
:mrgreen: :mrgreen:
permana

Re: AForge.NET for Road Traffic Monitoring (Video Surveillance)

Postby franva » Mon Dec 21, 2009 4:31 am

Hi
I think your project is interesting, but ...... where is it?
franva

Postby baogeliao » Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:15 am

Hey , i need help for my project. Vehicle Recognition System. using Aforge. thanks.
baogeliao

Postby baogeliao » Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:50 am

Hey indra, your project is interesting.whats your software code for the number recognition?Thks. :D
haha anyway i have recently edited the software. using a camera take a photo of the side view of the car and background, use the background to subtract the car in the background using AForge method getting the car image, the car will be measured in pixels. i will repeat this step for lorry and motorcycle. than use switch case method to compare and determine which vehicle has entered the gantry.

any ways to improve it?

thanks.
baogeliao

Return to AForge.NET