AForge.NET

:: AForge.NET Framework :: Articles :: Forums ::

noise intensity definition

Forum to discuss Image Processing Lab (IPLab) application, its features, etc.

noise intensity definition

Postby dingcius » Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:30 am

hi,
I want to know the how the noise intensity is defined in the IPLab.And do the additive noise and salt & pepper noise share the same intensity definition?
thank you :)
dingcius

Re: noise intensity definition

Postby andrew.kirillov » Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:00 am

Hello,

The additive noise adds random value to every pixel. The IPLab uses uniform generator. So if you enter 10 in the corresponding form, then every pixel's value will be increased by random number from the [-10, 10] range.

The salt and pepper sets randomly pixels to maximum or minimum possible value (255 or 0), which simulates broken pixels. The value in IPLab specifies % of pixel to set to max or min value.

This may also help: AdditiveNoise and SaltAndPepperNoise.
With best regards,
Andrew

Interested in supporting AForge.NET Framework?
andrew.kirillov
Site Admin, AForge.NET Developer

Postby dingcius » Sun Jun 12, 2011 3:34 am

thank you,Andrew. Your explanation is quite useful. :)
andrew.kirillov wrote:Hello,

The additive noise adds random value to every pixel. The IPLab uses uniform generator. So if you enter 10 in the corresponding form, then every pixel's value will be increased by random number from the [-10, 10] range.

The salt and pepper sets randomly pixels to maximum or minimum possible value (255 or 0), which simulates broken pixels. The value in IPLab specifies % of pixel to set to max or min value.

dingcius

Postby screenbrain » Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:32 pm

andrew.kirillov wrote:Hello,

You are saying salt and pepper is either one or the other, but nothing in between correct? I have been hearing a little bit about working in between these numbers in order to protect information, but it was a little over my head. Do you guys know what I am talking about, with this information governance system? Have you heard of the impact this new technology is having on the IT community? Apparently a lot of the IT staffing agencies are telling clients to get educated on the subject...
Last edited by screenbrain on Wed Dec 28, 2011 6:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
screenbrain

Postby andrew.kirillov » Tue Sep 06, 2011 4:37 am

screenbrain wrote:You are saying salt and pepper is either one or the other, but nothing in between correct?

No. I am saying 0 or 255:
andrew.kirillov wrote:The salt and pepper sets randomly pixels to maximum or minimum possible value (255 or 0), which simulates broken pixels.
With best regards,
Andrew

Interested in supporting AForge.NET Framework?
andrew.kirillov
Site Admin, AForge.NET Developer

Return to IPLab