AForge.NET

:: AForge.NET Framework :: Articles :: Forums ::

improvements of IPLab

Forum to discuss Image Processing Lab (IPLab) application, its features, etc.

improvements of IPLab

Postby wagdan5 » Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:05 pm

Hi there,

for my prof at university I am currently adding some new functions to the source code of IPLab (e.g. making it possible to scroll by pressing the CTRL-Key and using the mousewheel).

Hence the question, whether, if I post the changed code here, it could be added to the next version of IPLab.

Thanks for your answers!
wagdan5

Re: improvements of IPLab

Postby Hooch » Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:16 pm

Add webcam live video stream.
Hooch

Postby andrew.kirillov » Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:28 pm

Hello,

Code contribution should not be done here on the forum. There issue tracking system for this - use special ticket type, which is "Code Contribution".

wagdan5 wrote:Hence the question, whether, if I post the changed code here, it could be added to the next version of IPLab.

It depends on the contributed code. First, it should be well written. Second, it should provide a feature which may be useful to many users (i.e. not something very specific which was done for one particular case).
With best regards,
Andrew

Interested in supporting AForge.NET Framework?
andrew.kirillov
Site Admin, AForge.NET Developer

Postby screenbrain » Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:27 pm

andrew.kirillov wrote:Hello,

Code contribution should not be done here on the forum. There issue tracking system for this - use special ticket type, which is "Code Contribution".

wagdan5 wrote:Hence the question, whether, if I post the changed code here, it could be added to the next version of IPLab.

It depends on the contributed code. First, it should be well written. Second, it should provide a feature which may be useful to many users (i.e. not something very specific which was done for one particular case).

There is also the option to save the code in a database for the next time you are going to use it. A lot of the highly organized people do this method whether or not they believe the code will be there in future versions. It might be a good idea to employ some good business continuity management software. Do you know anything about what they tell clients at IT staffing agencies? They seem to be the ones who know the most about careers and the industry at the moment.
screenbrain

Return to IPLab