AForge.NET

:: AForge.NET Framework :: Articles :: Forums ::

Neural Network communication

The forum is to discuss topics from different artificial intelligence areas, like neural networks, genetic algorithms, machine learning, etc.

Neural Network communication

Postby Joseph » Tue May 21, 2013 8:30 pm

Is it possible for me to create a neural network that can read and write the English language? I want this neural network to be integrated into my bot so that it can read and write based on what someone or something writes to my bot. I understand the concept of pattern recognitions, but I don't fully grasp how I can get my neural network to do sentence structure and responses based on pattern recognition.

Basically my question boils down to; how can I teach a neural network to see a series of words, have it understand the meaning behind those words, formulate a sentence and then give a response.

I know anything is possible but is this something that would take 4 months to figure out or am I looking at a long term project. Any insight or articles regarding this type of neural network would be much appreciated.

Thank you in advance,
Joseph

Re: Neural Network communication

Postby tolga.kavi » Sat May 25, 2013 12:22 pm

I don't know if this will be helpful to you, but I think such a Neural network is already out there somewhere.

Just need to know where to look.

Here's the link: http://arxiv.org/ftp/arxiv/papers/1301/1301.4659.pdf

Hopefully it's helpful!

Regards,

Tolga
tolga.kavi

Postby fabio.caversan » Sat May 25, 2013 4:30 pm

It seems to me you are looking for a level a bit higher than the NNs.

Take a look at the Natural Language Processing area (NLPs).

Regards,

Caversan
fabio.caversan

Postby Joseph » Tue May 28, 2013 5:47 pm

Thank you for your posts!
Joseph

Return to Artificial Intelligence