AForge.NET

:: AForge.NET Framework :: Articles :: Forums ::

Time Series or Neural Networks?

The forum is to discuss topics from different artificial intelligence areas, like neural networks, genetic algorithms, machine learning, etc.

Time Series or Neural Networks?

Postby superscientificman » Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:24 pm

Hello,

I looked over your piece of code regarding the time series, and i found that you used as well the Neural Networks class.

What this have to do with time series, except the fact of using the window for selecting the pieces of data?

I would like to implement a system using time series, 6 inputs (+ time = 7 ) - 1 output, and I don't know if I can do it using time series (using all the available data). I already implemented in with NN and it works fine but I'd like to compare the results form these methods.

Thank You,
Mircea.
superscientificman

Re: Time Series or Neural Networks?

Postby ahyeekvision » Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:54 am

Hi Mircea,
I would like to implement a system using time series, 6 inputs (+ time = 7 ) - 1 output, and I don't know if I can do it using time series (using all the available data). I already implemented in with NN and it works fine but I'd like to compare the results form these methods.

What I have done is using TAP DELAY ADALINE NN, by using several previous inputs (T-n)th inputs to predict the nth output.
For more information, you can refer to: http://silyeek-tech.blogspot.com/2007/04/adaline-tdl-neural-network-simulation.html

May you elaborate more on the time series you plan to implement?
Are you plan to do train a NN model to do prediction when time pass?

Regards,
Ahyeek
ahyeekvision

Return to Artificial Intelligence