AForge.NET

:: AForge.NET Framework :: Articles :: Forums ::

Creating the Parameter for BlobCounter.ProcessImage

Forum to discuss AForge.NET Framework, its features, API, how-tos, etc.

Creating the Parameter for BlobCounter.ProcessImage

Postby njsokalski » Wed Dec 26, 2018 6:00 pm

I am working on my first UWP app using portable.aforge.net. I am using the article at:

http://www.aforgenet.com/articles/shape_checker/

as my guidelines to get started, but I am having trouble figuring out how to get a valid parameter to pass to the ProcessImage method (which is obviously a very important method here). The three choices for the parameter are:

System.Drawing.Bitmap - This will not work because System.Drawing is (from what I have heard) not available in UWP
BitmapData
AForge.Imaging.UnmanagedImage

I have a MediaCapture and/or SoftwareBitmap from which to create the parameter. System.Drawing.Bitmap will not work because System.Drawing is (from what I have heard) not available in UWP. I am not sure what to do to create the BitmapData or UnmanagedImage (I am not sure what to use for all of their constructors' parameters). Can anybody help me figure out what to pass to the constructors and/or ProcessImage? Thanks.
njsokalski

Re: Creating the Parameter for BlobCounter.ProcessImage

Postby andrew.kirillov » Thu Dec 27, 2018 4:45 am

Hello,

I told this several times here and will repeat one last - portable version is not supported by the AForge.NET Framework project. There is a 3rd party extension, which provides portable version. But that is not part of official release. So you may need todirect your questions to whoever supports portable version.
With best regards,
Andrew

Interested in supporting AForge.NET Framework?
andrew.kirillov
Site Admin, AForge.NET Developer

Return to AForge.NET Framework