AForge.NET

:: AForge.NET Framework :: Articles :: Forums ::

NXT Motor; some intuition

The forum is to discuss topics related to robotics, like building robot, controlling it, its software and hardware, etc.

NXT Motor; some intuition

Postby msanders » Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:37 pm

Hello,

Love the library but I have a few questions with regards to Motors in Aforge.Robotics.Lego:

I have two motors powering the same drive train. I assume I need to use the MotorState.Regulation property to sync them, but how?
    What does RunState property MotorRunState.RampUp / RampDown do?
    I need to have precise control over a motor for steering, where i can set the motors position accurately and consistently. I understand this is difficult and that gearing is needed, but any pointers on the best method to achieve this would be great! My whole project relies this accuracy!

Cheers! :D
msanders

Re: NXT Motor; some intuition

Postby andrew.kirillov » Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:32 am

Hello,

It may be hard achieve very precise control of NXT motors over Bluetooth interface. You may find interesting (and quite long) discussions related to NXT motors here and here. Also you may find there that there is alternative way to control motors, which is based on running motor control application on NXT brick and communicating to it (you may find some solution here).
With best regards,
Andrew

Interested in supporting AForge.NET Framework?
andrew.kirillov
Site Admin, AForge.NET Developer

Re: NXT Motor; some intuition

Postby msanders » Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:43 am

Oh wow i missed that big long post when reading the forums. It seems there is a lot more to it than i originally thought!

Cheers! :)
msanders

Return to Robotics