AForge.NET

:: AForge.NET Framework :: Articles :: Forums ::

Glyph combinations

Forum to discuss Glyph Recognition And Tracking Framework project, its features, applications, etc.

Glyph combinations

Postby shogun » Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:07 pm

Hi there

Awesome project... it's had me playing for the last day non-stop. Hopefully there is something I can contribute down the line when I understand it a little better.

I have a few questions:

1. Are the standard glyphs the only ones we can use? (i.e. the ones created using blocks in the studio) Can we use more complex shapes?

2. If those are the only ones available, has anyone calculated how many variations there are? If the largest square is a 12x12 square, and there can be no symmetrical shapes, how many combinations are there?

3. If I don't care about determining orientation, can I use symmetrical shapes?

Any assistance would be appreciated.
shogun

Re: Glyph combinations

Postby andrew.kirillov » Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:23 pm

Hello,

shogun wrote:1. Are the standard glyphs the only ones we can use? (i.e. the ones created using blocks in the studio) Can we use more complex shapes?

Current application recognizes only grid-like glyphs. If you need more complex shapes, then the code needs to be updated to recognize those.

shogun wrote:3. If I don't care about determining orientation, can I use symmetrical shapes?

Potentially you can make quick modification, so the code does not reject symmetrical shapes.
With best regards,
Andrew

Interested in supporting AForge.NET Framework?
andrew.kirillov
Site Admin, AForge.NET Developer

Re: Glyph combinations

Postby shogun » Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:33 am

Hi Andrew

I've downloaded the source, i'll take a look and see if I can allow symmetrical shapes.

By playing around with the glyph generator I think i've realised that there are more than enough combinations for what I would like to play with.

Thanks for the response.
shogun

Return to GRATF