AForge.NET

:: AForge.NET Framework :: Articles :: Forums ::

How to substitute a recognized glyph image with video clip?

Forum to discuss Glyph Recognition And Tracking Framework project, its features, applications, etc.

How to substitute a recognized glyph image with video clip?

Postby Praveen Aggarwal » Sun Dec 05, 2010 5:30 pm

First of all, I must compliment you on yet another great project of yours (GRATF). I chanced upon this project while looking for help on stereo vision. GRATF is an amazing project and your paper on it is very well written. I have taken you sample code and created a small project of my own. At this point I can substitute the recognized glyph with still images.

Would you be king enough to give me some tip on how to substitute a short video clip.
I am using your routines

quadrilateralTransformation.SourceImage = glyphImage;
quadrilateralTransformation.DestinationQuadrilateral = glyphData.RecognizedQuadrilateral;
quadrilateralTransformation.ApplyInPlace(unmanagedImage);

where glyphImage is the bitmap image.

Thanks in advance
Praveen Aggarwal

Re: How to substitute a recognized glyph image with video clip?

Postby andrew.kirillov » Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:48 am

Hello,

In theory it is possible to display video instead of still image on a glyph’s place. All you need is to read video frame by frame and put its images instead of predefined still image. The simplest solution is to read new video frame every time you get a video frame with glyphs. However, it may not look ideal, since you may have different frame rates of your video file and your video source showing glyphs. For example, if your video file has 25 fps rate, but your camera showing glyphs gives you only 15, then video will be played a bit slower. However you can process both video file and camera asynchronously and just use last video frame when updating glyph image. Also you may update glyph image every time you get new frame from video file.
With best regards,
Andrew

Interested in supporting AForge.NET Framework?
andrew.kirillov
Site Admin, AForge.NET Developer

Re: How to substitute a recognized glyph image with video clip?

Postby Praveen Aggarwal » Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:06 pm

Thanks for your reply. I will bat around the idea and will let you know how it pans out.
Praveen Aggarwal

Return to GRATF