AForge.NET

:: AForge.NET Framework :: Articles :: Forums ::

First release of the project

Forum to discuss Glyph Recognition And Tracking Framework project, its features, applications, etc.

First release of the project

Postby andrew.kirillov » Sat Nov 06, 2010 12:07 pm

Hello,

Just wanted to announce the first release of the new GRATF project, which a Glyph Recognition And Tracking Framework. The project is aimed to provide a library which does localization and recognition of optical glyphs in still images and video files.

Here are all the details about it
With best regards,
Andrew

Interested in supporting AForge.NET Framework?
andrew.kirillov
Site Admin, AForge.NET Developer

Re: First release of the project

Postby cesarsouza » Sat Nov 13, 2010 7:44 pm

Hi Andrew,

This project seems very promising! It is an awesome use of the AForge.NET Framework! By the way are you getting into augmented reality?

Cheers!
César
cesarsouza

Re: First release of the project

Postby andrew.kirillov » Sat Nov 13, 2010 9:11 pm

Hello, Cesar

Thank you for the nice comments ;)

cesarsouza wrote:By the way are you getting into augmented reality?

Well, I cannot say that I am really switching into it. As you know, my hobby is computer vision and robotics. But is really nice to try augmented reality, since it is still part of computer vision. And this area seems to be promising, so better have some knowledge of it. Plus, as I’ve mentioned in the article, the glyph recognition part can be used in robotics as well. And if we think about the process of glyph recognition I’ve described, then it is not far away from recognizing data matrix, which is a next generation of bar codes. So the area is really interesting to try. My plan is to extend the project to 3D and get some more fun with it (like maybe augmented reality game or something) ...
With best regards,
Andrew

Interested in supporting AForge.NET Framework?
andrew.kirillov
Site Admin, AForge.NET Developer

Return to GRATF