AForge.NET

:: AForge.NET Framework :: Articles :: Forums ::

Radial Basis Function network reference and Q

The forum is to discuss topics from different artificial intelligence areas, like neural networks, genetic algorithms, machine learning, etc.

Radial Basis Function network reference and Q

Postby kalori » Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:29 pm

Hello AForge Team!
Just a quick question: Are Radial Basis Function Networks on the roadmap for future AForge.Neural versions? I ask mainly because there are a number of image processing related and other interesting uses for RBF networks that appear to fit well with the AForge suite. For example they are functionally equivalent to Fuzzy inference systems, a convienient way to evolve systems equivalent to AForge.Fuzzy using EAs.

Reference: The only open source C# RBF network implementation I am aware of is over in the Heaton Research Encog library, so it's no big problem if RBF's are not on the AForge roadmap, but thought I'd ask anyway.

Thanks,
--
Kalori.
kalori

Re: Radial Basis Function network reference and Q

Postby andrew.kirillov » Tue Nov 17, 2009 1:52 pm

Hello, Kalori

It is not yet in my TODO list, but it would be nice if somebody from project members or from outside could contribute. I really don't mind to get RBF network, the only issue is time.

Thank you for sharing the links. It may help to speed-up getting RBF network implementation.
With best regards,
Andrew

Interested in supporting AForge.NET Framework?
andrew.kirillov
Site Admin, AForge.NET Developer

Re: Radial Basis Function network reference and Q

Postby kalori » Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:18 am

Ok thanks Andrew, I understand too well that time is usually always the limiting factor.

If I require something more beyond the RBF network already out there, I'll definitely look into designing something that can contributed back to this great project.
kalori

Return to Artificial Intelligence