AForge.NET

:: AForge.NET Framework :: Articles :: Forums ::

Color Glyph Recognition

The forum is to discuss topics related to different areas of image processing and computer vision.

Color Glyph Recognition

Postby njsokalski » Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:30 am

There is a great explanation of how to do glyph recognition at:
http://aforgenet.com/articles/glyph_recognition/
However, this explanation / example is oriented around a B & W glyph. I am looking to do a similar task involving color. My basic goal is to scan a card which contains a 5x5 grid, which is made up of squares that are 1 of 4 colors. The card itself has a brownish border, with a black border inside that, and then the grid inside that black border. I have managed to get it to usually work on one machine, but as mentioned, things such as lighting conditions can require adjustments (when I tested the code in another area it didn't work). This is my first time doing anything involving any kind of computer vision or image analysis, so please forgive me for anything I am forgetting anything that should be obvious.
njsokalski

Re: Color Glyph Recognition

Postby andrew.kirillov » Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:54 am

Describing an image is a good idea, but an image itself would look better. Attach a sample, so it is easier for someone to advice.

Anyway, brownish border around black border … Does not sound like a good idea. Not much of a contrast change. Not surprised it gets difficult in certain light conditions.
With best regards,
Andrew

Interested in supporting AForge.NET Framework?
andrew.kirillov
Site Admin, AForge.NET Developer

Return to Image Processing and Computer Vision