AForge.NET

:: AForge.NET Framework :: Articles :: Forums ::

increase DPI of an image

The forum is to discuss topics related to different areas of image processing and computer vision.

increase DPI of an image

Postby Amused23 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 2:12 pm

Hi,
This is my first post and new to AForge.Net. I have an image I want to OCR. The accuracy is good, not nearly as good I want it to be though. I finally figured out that the image dpi is very low. I need to boost the dpi to atleast 300 dpi. How can I accomplish this?
Amused23

Re: increase DPI of an image

Postby Ennesima77 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:46 pm

I'm looking for the same problem.
No one has find out the solution?
Ennesima77

Re: increase DPI of an image

Postby jannoxi » Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:03 am

Hello ,
i am also new at AForge but a little used to Machine-Vision Problems.
On of the first rule i learned with analyse Pictures is
" a good Picture beats all algorithm " what means, work on Light and on Resolution bevor use Filter and Funktions.
In my point of view there is just one way to make result better, use an Lense with an higher resolution.
For Example:
If i use an 2 MP Cam "Genie C1400" and an 16mm Objektive with an Distanze of 450mm i got an Picture of ca 150mmX200mm
if i change the Objektive to an 35mm than i smaller the Result Picture but i can see more Details.
If i try to change Compression by Software i am shure you lost Information because you mixed up Pixel or filled with with Pixel generate by Algorithem.

In the last 8 years i never used a Funktion to increase ppi by Funktions an i never see something to solve this problem with an Funktion.

Sorry i can give you a better solution.

Update:
I do have a look now, with an Program like Paint.Net there a dpi Change can be made but Fokus get lost. To do it with Code behind i don't something yet.

Bye Markus
jannoxi

Return to Image Processing and Computer Vision