AForge.NET

:: AForge.NET Framework :: Articles :: Forums ::

Problems Porting from Windows to Linux

The forum is to discuss topics related to different areas of image processing and computer vision.

Problems Porting from Windows to Linux

Postby rmk60 » Sat Apr 02, 2016 3:45 pm

May be someone can help?
Since weeks I am in trouble with porting my App developped under Windows Visual Studio 2010 (.NET4 Client Profile) to Linux(Ubuntu) monodevelop (Version 5.10).
Mainly using AForge Filter as well as Cropping and Resizing images...
So far. WIN10 compiled application is running perfectly. But porting the app to linux fails everywhere.
Unfortunately there are no exceptions thrown after recompiling under monodevelop (Linux) but many, many artifacts and distortion in the bitmaps.
Step by step I exchanged AForge routines by my own ones succesfully.
My first idea was that AForge code is not portable, may be native code.
Then I tried to recreate the AForge DLL's from source code using the solution files (*.sln (mono) ) using newest release from Xamarin (Vserion 5.10.3) under Windows platform. But same distortion happens when I embedd these DLL's in my application -> references on Linux side in monodevelop.
Or do I have to compile sources from AForge with monodevelop on the Linux platform? Do I have to change the .NET framework version?
I am really confused...
Please could you help?
I need the routines from DLL AForge, Math, Imaging, Imaging.Formats and Video.
rmk60

Re: Problems Porting from Windows to Linux

Postby andrew.kirillov » Mon Apr 04, 2016 10:09 am

rmk60 wrote:Or do I have to compile sources from AForge with monodevelop on the Linux platform?

True. You need to build AForge.NET Framework for Mono. You can not just take Windows DLLs.
With best regards,
Andrew

Interested in supporting AForge.NET Framework?
andrew.kirillov
Site Admin, AForge.NET Developer

Return to Image Processing and Computer Vision