AForge.NET

:: AForge.NET Framework :: Articles :: Forums ::

Comparing star maps

Forum to discuss AForge.NET Framework, its features, API, how-tos, etc.

Comparing star maps

Postby ArMaP » Sat Mar 23, 2019 5:24 pm

I saw on another forum someone saying that they used AForge.NET to compare two star maps, and got a 99.1% match result. Another person replied that AForge.NET is only comparing pixels, not the relative positions of the stars, so it could not really make a comparison between star maps.

Could anyone tell me if it's possible or not to do something like the above with AForge.NET?

Thanks in advance. :)

PS: I have yet to look into AForge.NET in detail, but it's something I will probably use in the future. :)
ArMaP

Re: Comparing star maps

Postby andrew.kirillov » Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:09 pm

AForge.NET Framework gives a collection of tools. It is up to you to decide if those fit your task. See what is there and what can you make out of it. It like asking if a hammer can be used to open a tin can. Possibly ...

I don't know what the other people did to get 99% accuracy. Not sure what sort images they had, etc. If your image will differ in size, zoom factor, rotation, X/Y translation, then it will not be easy to do it with the framework. You will need some other tools, like SIFT/SURF, for example, to look for feature points. AForge.NET does not provide those.
With best regards,
Andrew

Interested in supporting AForge.NET Framework?
andrew.kirillov
Site Admin, AForge.NET Developer

Re: Comparing star maps

Postby ArMaP » Sat Mar 23, 2019 8:43 pm

Thanks. :)

I have to learn more about AForge.NET. :)
ArMaP

Return to AForge.NET Framework